UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||2013, Sunday, September 29.
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Peter Edwards opened the meeting at 14.10 hours.
Jake introduced Boutique Hotel “Much–che Manta” our new sponsor. In addition, but not present at the meeting, also dpmt–store “Tang Ngee Soon” of the same Family, became our sponsor.
The Much–che Manta Hotel together with the Tang Ngee Soon department–store, represented by Khun Woody and Khun Runee, offered all of us, as an acquaintance,a tablet with assorted Home made cakes.
|Note by the secretary:
The Club like to thank Much–che Manta for their pleasant surprise, the excellent quality and very good taste. As token of our appreciation next breakfast–meeting of the Website–team will be hold at the hotel. Arrangements have been made.
Further, Khun Woody and Khun Runee issued brochures of the Hotel and gave a short presentation. She informed that the Hotel offers abreak fast–buffet, lunches and dinners for both Hotel guests and visitors. They offer various function–rooms with all facilities as well as guest–rooms; ranging from Baht 900, 1300, 1600 up to a super suite of Baht 5000.
2. Administrative issues:
|– 26 members attended the meeting.
– 12 members notified that they would not be able to attend the meeting.
– At present, the Club has 53 membersof which 10 are pending renewal. Quorum (40%) is 21. 2 Members.
– The minutes of the August 25, 2013 member meeting have been approved. No corrections.
3. Eight visitor sattended the meeting and introduced themselves: Peter Heespelink, Sven A Hedell, Ed Lewis, Bill Merritt, Arthur Newmann, Hans Magnussen, Bjorn Johansen and Chester Yu. In addition, one member of the first year, Lars Bunner, returned after several years.
4. New Members and Sponsors;
* Two new Sponsors joined the Club.
Boutique Hotel Much–che Manta
Tang Ngee Soon department–store
Please check our website www.udonexpatsclub.com and click their logo to be linked to their website.
* Four new members joined the Club; Terry Hopkins, David Ramsey, Charles (Ed) Lewis and Jan den Hertog. The Club welcomes them with much pleasure.
Hans Smedberg stepped down as the Treasurer where Hans van Geffen introduced himself a s the new (Interim) Treasurer.
At present the Bankbook shows a credit balance of 37,071.08 Baht, the Petty Cash + 3,700.00 Baht.
In addition; there are 5 club–caps plus 16club– shirts in stock and for sale.
Because the Claim on the former Treasurer (who was expelled in April 2013) is still not solved and a quick ending is not imminent; it was decided to finalize the year 2012 at its present status.
The Controller, Egil, presented the Annual Financial Report of the year 2012. That shows in Baht; Balance (2011)+53,000; a total Income (2012)of +40,000; total Expenses (2012)of –62,000; Result (2012)–22,000; Balance 2012+31,000. In detail figures + Baht 30,769.
6. Open Forum:
* The table–arrangement has been positioned as concluded at last meeting. The result is satisfying.
* Dr. Bernard asked the word and informed that we have a champion amid us. Our Club–memberJean–Michel Grand took part in the French team at the 28th KING’S CUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP of SEPANG TAKRAW at Central Plaza here in Udonthani and his team won the silver medal. The Club congratulated him with an enthusiastic applause.
* On Thursday, October 3, 2013, starting at 10 am, Bangkok Bank invites Members and Potential–Members to attend a presentation about “Banking in Thailand for Expats” at the conference room at their main–office in Udon Thani. At 154 Prachak Sinlapa khom Rd, Nong Bua, Muang Udon Thani. For details please see our website www.udonexpatsclub.com.
* The (freeof charge) Bangkok Hospital Udon’s (pre)–registration–card was handed out to that Members who applied for the card.
Those who did not yet applied; can still do that by sending their full name, date of birth and telephone number to the [email protected].The secretary will forward that info to the hospital, collect the (pre)–registration–cards and hand them over at next member meeting.
The card offers a 10% discount to medication, medical supplies and in–patient room rate. The card will, for now, have no ending–date.
7. Coffee break
8. Today’s Speakers
* Ms. Srinarin Poudpongpaiboon, Managing Director of “Century 21 Esaan”, presented her new Real–estate company.
Ms. Srina informed that “Century 21” originates in the USA and is active in 74 countries. Each office is independently owned and operated.
In Thailand there are several branch–offices in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi, Hua–Hin, Khon Kaen, Ko–Samui, Phuket, Surin and more to follow.
Here in Udonthani they offer a wide range of projects, property, land and services. For an overview see our website www.udonexpatsclub.com click at their Logo, or visit their sales office opposite the Coffee Station at Tongyai road.
They consult in all aspects of real–estate and banking (offshore, loans, etc) in relation to the subjects involved.
Among others; they take part in the Palynn Ville Home project under architectures; that offers a great new philosophy in green living.
In addition Ms. Srina explained the possibilities of owning or leasing property in Thailand. The number 1 rule is; that it is not possible for an Expat to own land in Thailand.
Apart from that, there are 4 ways to own Property.
1) Thai limited company. Issuing A–shares and B–shares.
2) Investment under BOI rules. Max 1 Rai with an Investment of min Baht 40,000,000.00
3) Leasehold and Usufruct
Those who are interested in obtaining property through here company are invited to make an
appointment; in order to discuss further details.
Their contacts are;
For her complete presentation see the Attachment to these minutes.
* Dr. Tanutporn Chatuparistute, Hematologist at Bangkok Hospital Udon, informed us about Dengue.
Dr. Tanutporn informed us about the various aspects of Dengue hemorrhagic fever (The silent killer).
This fever is caused by a virus that is transmitted by a mosquito the Aedes Aegypti (Jung lai), a small
black mosquito with white spots.
At present there is no prevention in the form of a medicine or vaccination. Possibly there might be a vaccine available by 2015 (at the earliest).
The best we should and must do is to search and destroy the larvae.
In case you are infected; you should avoid NSAIDS and ASPIRIN due to evidence of increased bleeding,
For Dr. Tanutporn’s complete presentation we refer to the Attachment to these minutes.
10. The meeting was closed at 16.20 hrs.
Last attendees left at 17.15 hrs.
Next meeting, October 27, 2013 will be at the conference room onthe 4th floor of the Bangkok Hospital Udon.
Please check our website www.udonexpatsclub.com for possible changes and / or further information.
The Secretary of the Udon Expat Club,
September 30, 2013
J.J. van Spaandonk.