UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Meeting number:||MOMM 0038|
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||Sunday, October 25, 2015.|
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. The Chairman of the day, Peter Edwards, opened the meeting at about 14.05 hour
2. Administrative issues
– 28 members, 1 Honorary member (partly) and 4 guests/visitors attended the meeting.
– 9 members notified that they would not be able to attend.
– At present, the Club has 74 members.
– 27 members have been absent in a row for >3 months.
– Quorum (to vote) requires >40% members present. Quorum is OK.
– The minutes of the September 27, 2015 member-meeting have been approved. No
3. NewMembers, Visitors and Sponsors
* Four (4) guests of whom one (1) potential sponsor (Fuzzyken) attended the meeting.
Fuzzyken is a popular place at PRAJAK ROAD almost opposite the Central Department Store.
The Club welcomes them all with much pleasure.
4. Election new Board member
Mr. Gary Ralston is unanimously elected to the Board with 28 YES votes and no objections.
5. Announcements by the Board
* On Thursday November 19, 2015 we will have a lunch at Prajaktra Hotel (11.30 AM) followed by a
visit at the Planetarium (13.30 PM). Details will be send in a separate mail.
* The Annual Dinner for Club-Members is scheduled for Sunday, December 13, 2015 at the
Charoen Hotel in the Lao Sieng Tieng room. Starting 18.00 hrs. (6 PM). Details will be send in a
* The Breakfast meetings (starting 10 am) are at various locations. N.B. These locations are subject to
change. At present:
– Mondays : the Mad Hatter and Seaside
– Wednesdays : the “Delight” restaurant and the Smiling Frog
– Fridays : the Good Corner and T-Bar.
* On October 30 and 31, 2015 there is a Halloween event, among other locations, at UD Town. See attached E-Card for details.
* Bangkok Airways would like to announce the flight cancellation of flight service on route Udon
Thani. For details see the UTEC’s Facebook.
* For the Club’s Facebook see: https://www.facebook.com/udonexpatsclub?ref=profile
|Please keep in mind that the Club’s CONSTITUTION and Privacy Laws shall be respected;
No Politics, No Religious issues. Only Social issues / pictures shall be discussed / posted.
Our Club member Mr. Gary Ralston presented a video, recorded at the Symposium at the MECC
Maastricht, the Netherlands in April 2015, where Dr. Matthias Rath informs about the research in
Cellular Medicine and the Breakthrough at Natural Control of Cardiovascular Disease.
Please consult the following link to learn about this revolutionary developments in micro nutrient
After watching the video Gary answered a number of questions from the audience.
7. Coffee break
We enjoyed the assorted cookies, coffee & tea, water and the spring rolls offered by Jacob while
many used the opportunity to continue discussing the presentation.
8. Open Forum
Mr. John Thavon informed that there is a position for an English Teacher at a School here in Udon.
In case you are interested you may contact/inform: [email protected]
9. Presentation about HERBS by Club-member Mr. Jan Harms supported by Ms Kookai and Mr.
Our Club member Mr. Jan Harms started Part 1 of the presentation with the definition and a short
history of the use of Herbs over the past centuries. He concluded with showing some possibilities to
use Herbs instead of Pharmaceutical Drugs.
Mr. Ek Sukudom continued with Part 2. He informed about the Udon Farm Resort, Seed bank of
Udon. He in particular highlighted the Turmeric and the Guava (with red pulp inside).
Ms Kookai showed their home made shampoo and conditioner which are also for sale here in Udon.
For the complete presentation we refer to the attachment.
In case you would like to contact them, they respectively can be reached at:
|Ancharin Thai Herb:||Kookai||0823164868,|
|Farmer:||Ek||0844522587 and [email protected]|
At about 16.15 hrs. Peter thanked the Speakers for their most interesting presentations, the audience for their attention and closed the meeting.
Next meeting will be on Sunday, November 29, 2015. Please check at www.udonexpatsclub.com for possible changes and/or further information.
October 26, 2015.
Joop van Spaandonk,