UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||Sunday, November 29, 2015.
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. The Chairman of the day, Peter Edwards, opened the meeting at about 14.10 hours.
2. Administrative issues
– 35 members, 1 Honorary member (partly) and 1 guest/visitor attended the meeting.
– 12 members notified that they would not be able to attend.
– At present, the Club has 74 members.
– 23 members have been absent in a row for >3 months.
– Quorum (to vote) requires >40% members present. Quorum is OK.
– The minutes of the October 25, 2015 member-meeting have been approved. No comments made.
3. New Members, Visitors and Sponsors
* One (1) guest attended the meeting.
* Two (2) new members Mr. Christopher Marshall and Mr. William Foster attended the meeting. The Club welcomes them all with much pleasure.
4. Announcements by the Board
From last meeting:
* The Annual Dinner for Club-Members is scheduled for Sunday, December 13, 2015 at the Charoen Hotel in the Lao Sieng Tien room. Starting 18.00 hrs. (6 PM). Details are sent in a separate mail. Note: For a summary, see page 4 of this minutes.
* The Breakfast meetings (starting 10 am) are at various locations. N.B. These locations are subject to change.
| – Mondays
||the Mad Hatter and Seaside on Sampanthamit Road|
||the Bookhouse at the ground floor of City Lodge Hotel, or|
|the “Delight” at the ground floor of Ruysuk Hotel, or|
|the Smiling Frog on Prajak Road|
|– Fridays||:||the Good Corner and T–Bar.|
* On December 27; there is a Christmas Candy Up party at UD Town. See attached E-Card for details.
Our Club member Mr. David Lee presented a solution for watching TV channels, from outside the country where you are staying at the time of watching, via your computer.
At first he discussed the various ways of an internet connection. Where his preference is to employ an Android Smart TV Box. He continued to explain that you first need to change your IP Address to be able to receive foreign TV channels. Further he demonstrated the steps to perform. It then appeared that a reasonable fast Internet connection should be available. At the time of the demonstration the available connection was somewhat too slow for a proper result. After using the connection via his mobile android phone it showed much better.
For his complete presentation we refer to the attachments to this minutes. In addition David informed that he is planning to start a new Activity group.
The name of the Activity is: COMPUTER GROUP FOR UTEC MEMBERS. The Group will function under the umbrella of the Udon Thani Expats Club.
Details about the Computer Group will be communicated in the near future.
6. Coffee break
Many used the opportunity to continue discussing the presentation.
Our Club member Mr. Gary Ralston discussed:
OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING QUALITY OF LIFE AS WE AGE.
To make that more comprehensible, he defined the following chapters:
– What is “Quality of Life”
– Living a stress free life
– Preventive Maintenance
– Physical Activity and Health
– Spiritual Health and Wellness
– Emotional Health
In addition Gary presented a summary with “Suggested Vaccinations” as well as a spread sheet with his personal medical records. He advises everybody to start such a spread sheet for him/herself and to use that to distinguish a certain development in the data, with the intention to timely adjust ones life style and medications if necessary.
For his detailed presentation see attached file.
8. Open Forum
Our member Terry Clayton with the emphasis on the last item of Gary’s presentation “Emotional Health” and with a wink to the Club’s motto “Expats Helping Expats” took the opportunity to speak a word of encouragement to those who might be alone during the coming Christmas and New Year period and advised not to drown in self pity or whatsoever but to contact someone he/she trusts and respects to create/obtain a peace of mind and to endure this particular period.
He continued to thank, the audience for their attention and closed the meeting at 16.15. There will not be a membership-meeting in December.
Next meeting will be on Sunday, January 31, 2016.
Please check at www.udonexpatsclub.com for possible changes and/or further information.
Wishing You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
November 30, 2015.
Joop van Spaandonk,
UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
Udon Thani, November 21, 2015.
Dear Members of Udon Thani Expats Club,
With great pleasure we, the Board of the Udon Thani Expats Club, invite all members including their close family, for our Annual Dinner–Buffet.
This year, we will have the dinner on Sunday, December 13, 2015.
And, as last year in the Lao Siang Thien Room at the second floor of the Charoen Hotel. Starting at 18.00 hrs.
For this occasion, it is permitted to bring your own drinks, courteous free (free of surcharge).
The Special Member–Price for the Dinner-Buffet is THB 200 for a Club member and his spouse/partner and THB 100 for Children u/i 10 years of age (Max. 2 children per Club member) only.
In order to confirm our reservations at the Charoen;
Your e-mail confirmation to attend, stating the number of persons, is mandatory.
You may direct your e-mail to email@example.com at your earliest convenience, however, before December 1, 2015.
“Attendee Slips” are available for purchase at next Sunday’s Membership-Meeting, November 29, 2015. For those who are not able to attend the Membership-Meeting we offer to pay at the Club’s Brunch on the Wednesday’s mornings at the City Lodge Hotel.
The last opportunity for a purchase is Wednesday-morning 2/12-2015.
With kind regards,
On behalf of the Board,
Joop van Spaandonk
For the location and details about the Charoen Hotel, click the link below.