UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||Sunday, November 30, 2014.|
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Peter Edwards opened the meeting at about 14.00 hours.
2. Administrative issues:
– 27 members, 1 Honorary member, 1 Sponsor and 8 guests attended the meeting.
– 17 members notified that they would not be able to attend.
– At present, the Club has 63 + 2 (joined today) = 65 actual members.
– Quorum requires >40% members present. Quorum is OK.
– The minutes of the October 26, 2014 member meeting have been approved. No comments.
3. New Members, Visitors and Sponsors;
* Mr. Andy Fleming (not present today, with proper notification) and Mr. Arne Rubin (who introduced himself spontaneously) joined as Members.
* Eight (8) visitors; Mr. & Mrs. Frank & Elsie Moggach, Mr. Ulrich Schubert, Mr. Norman Plummer, Mr. Alan Garner, Mr. Peter Covey and Mrs. Sandy Saengthian of the UEF plus one (1) Latecomer attended the meeting.
* Our new Sponsor: www.udonarisianproperty.com with Mrs. Nok-Noi and Kung did attend.
The Club welcomes them all with much pleasure.
4. Introduction by Sponsor
Mrs. Nok-Noi assisted by Mrs. Kung introduced her Company in real-estate. (Tel. 08 0625 1880).
She is mainly active in the SALE and RENT of HOUSES and LAND. (In a radius of about 50 km around Udon Thani).
Her website in Thai (English is in progress) www.udonarisianproperty.com shows many objects that, at present, are on the market. You are welcome to post your Buy or Sale, free of charge.
In addition she renders advise and assists to enter into a Bank-loan and the administrative issues at the Land-office and the like.
* The “Annual–Dinner–Buffet” for Members is on Sunday, December 14, 2014 from 18 – 20 pm.
At Charoen hotel. For details and menu see separate member-mail.
Those who did not yet CONFIRM their attendance should do that THIS WEEK. Even better;
NOW. Sent your e-mail to [email protected]com or enlist at the Wednesday- or
Friday- mornings Breakfast.
* Bangkok Hospital Udon introduced their new PROMOTION, a “Father’s day”; a very robust Discount of 50 % and much more, during the whole month of December, for your “HEALTH CHECK”. Details will be distributed by the accompanying e-mail to members (all categories), sponsors and subscribers.
* EBOLA . (Reminder from last meeting)
When you think you are infected: Do not travel. Call your Hospital to come and get you. In Udon, only the Udon Hospital at Nong Prajak Lake, 042–245 524, is designated to help. Time is essential; for there is no Viral laboratory in Thailand to check, all blood-samples have to go to the USA for testings.
6. Open Forum
* It often appears that, in the case an Expat passes away, most relatives have no clue at all about the proper Procedures, Assets, Insurances, paperwork to be done, etc. And many times find themselves completely lost and without any cash. And, Embassies will and cannot help.
It is strongly recommended to make a Last Will (now). For some advice and guidelines we refer to the
Club’s Website. Look under: “Members only”.
* It is possible that, in case you are seriously unable to see Immigration for your 90 days, someone can replace you. For example; the Hospital you are staying can take care of this. Solid proof is needed.
* Be aware of heavy Traffic congestion and very busy at Official offices with long waiting during the coming Holiday and Festival Season.
7. Coffee Break
At the Coffee Break we enjoyed spring-roles, coffee & tea with assorted cookies and, not to forget the animated discussions.
8. Guest Speaker; Mr. Gary G. Ralston
Mr. Gary presented Part 2 of the lecture “Getting old and what YOU can do about it”.
The main topics are:
|1) Everything you ever wanted to know about the 3 leading cause of death for those over 65.|
a) Cerebral Vascular Accident / Stroke
b) Heart Diseases
2) An example of how to be proactive regarding your medications.
3) Preventive Services Recommended by the USPSTF
For the best and proper understanding of his performance, we advise and recommend to read the print-out of the speech, attached to the accompanying e-mail.
The Lecture contains many examples of the DO’S and DON’TS as well as the precautions and actions to undertake to have and prolong a good health.
We thanked Mr. Gary with an applause for his educating and much appreciated presentation.
* Mr. Paul Mueller informed about the follow-up to the English Radio / TV program here in Udon. The ongoing discussions about the realization are materializing and pretty promising.
The program is aimed to improve the English language skills of the public and will be a mixture of: News, Actual Occurrences, Cultural Events, Sport, Music, etc.
10. Open Forum
The meeting was closed by Peter at about 16.15 hrs.
Next meeting will be on Sunday, January 25, 2015. Please check at www.udonexpatsclub.com for possible changes and / or further information.
December 02, 2014.
Joop J. van Spaandonk