UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Meeting number:||MOMM 0011|
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||2013, Sunday, May 26.|
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Tom Dahlqvist opened the meetingat 14.05 hours. RESPECT the NON SMOKING RULES.
2. Administrative issues:
– 23 members attended the meeting.
– 3 members notified that they would not be able to attend the meeting.
– At present, the Club has 46 members of which three are pending renewal. Quorum (40%) is 18.4 Members.
– All Attendees approved the minutes of the meeting on April 28, 2013 without any remarks/corrections.
3. Three visitors attended the meeting – Kjell Nystrom, Bo Latison and Bruce’s brother.
4. Report of the Inspector / Controller as to 2012.
No additional information had been received from our past year’s Treasurer. The financial report for 2012 is still pending.
5. Expulsion of Mr Herman Broeckx.
Note by the Secretary:
Mr Broeckx is informed by e–mail. With the same e–mail, he, again, is “officially” requested to return his (Lifetime) member card(s) and reminded to return the Club’s belongings
Up to now, he has not reacted. Legal action has been set in motion.
6. The Treasurer (Hans Smedberg) informed that the Club’s present financial situation is sound.
At present, the Club’s Bankbook shows a credit balance of Baht 13,773.00. The Petty Cash shows Baht 4,829.00
He informed that the Club still has some 25 Member Club–shirts for SALE, 200 Baht apiece only.
Apart from the Shirts, the Club now also offers Member Caps with Club–logo at 120 Baht apiece.
7. Open forum
* Immigration rules have not been changed. Last month several members renewed their Visa without problems. However, you have to take care that the official certification of your papers is not older than one month.
* Kurt introduced the new Assistant Marke ting Manager of the Hospital Miss Chanattranoot Sukkasem. Miss Chanattranoot introduced herself in some more detail. She expressed that she is among others ready to assist in any questions about Health Insurance you may have. Please send your question in writing to the Club’s Secretary and he will take care for the proper dispatch.
* At present Bangkok Hospital Udon together with Bangkok Hospital Pattaya are working on a Health Insurance Package for Expatriates. That will fulfill, apart from proper treatment coverage, future demands Immigration may impose to get or renew your visa. Udon Expat Club will offer their experience and expertise where and if needed.
*The opening of the hospital’s new Heart Centre is expected to take place in August 2013.
* Does anyone know, in Udon, a company or person who grants the service to mow your lawn at a certain frequency and an affordable price? If you do, please inform the Secretary.
8. Lively coffee break, well prepared by Paul Georgakis.
9. Tom introduced the first guest speaker of Bangkok Hospital Udon, Dr. Natakorn Pakpradit, “Traditional Chinese Medicine”, assisted by Mr Kurt Lunstrum
Dr Natakorn discussed, with the help of video and text presentation, the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Acupuncture and Acupressure. A very interesting and fascinating issue.
The origin goes back thousands of years into ancient China. At that time started the built up of this knowledge, the Yellow Emperors’ internal medicine, Yin–Yang, Qi (Chi), Meridians, Acupuncture, Acupressure, Herbs and many others.
For some more information, see last page: “What is Acupuncture”. In addition, some rates are given.
For personal, professional advice and fees for Club members, please contact the Acupuncture and Chinese Acupressure Clinic (042–343 111 ext. 1256) or consult Dr Natakorn at Bangkok Hospital.
Tom introduced the second guest speaker, Mr Kjell Nystrom of the “Tourist Police Volunteers”.
Mr Kjell, from Sweden, introduced himself and the Tourist Police in particular.
The office is in Udon at 55/55 Naresuan Road Tel 042–211 291 or 1155 with an annex (Without
Staff) in Nong Khai. The office is always open, 24 hours and 7 days a week. However, the volunteers don’t do night shifts.
There are, apart from the Thai staff, 12 Volunteers of different Nationalities. The authority rests with the Thai staff alone. The Volunteers are to assist the Thai staff and to render help for tourist or expats where needed. This may be any communication, simple translations or paperwork in case of an accident or death, at an arrest, overstay of visa, divorce and so on.
In addition, it is possible to have certain papers, such as an “attest de vita” (Life certificate) you received from, for example your pension funds, stamped and signed.
In case you are interested, new volunteers are invited and welcome to join.
Next month on the afternoon of June 20, 2013 The Thai Passport Department together with the Tourist Police Volunteers and in cooperation with Udon Expats Club will arrange a seminar about:
– Visas,now and after 2015 (ASEAN);
– Owning land / property;
– Marriage / Divorce with Thai National;
– In case of divorce, shared custody of children, visitation rights, child support;
– How are things passed on in case of death: cremation / registration of will;
For each issue qualified speakers are invited.
Date, location, application and further details will be dispatched by e–mail and our Website. Volunteers of the Tourist Police and Members of Udon Expat Club among others are invited.
10. Report of the Standing Committees.
Note of the Secretary: The visit to the airport tower will be on June 13, 2013 starting at 07.15 am. Participants have been informed.
11. The meeting was closed by Tom at 16.10 hrs. He thanked in particular Paul Georgakis for the catering, the guest speakers for their very interesting contribution, Bangkok Hospital Udon for their hospitality, everybody for coming and looks forward to seeing all members and possible visitors at the next meeting.
Next meeting, June 23, 2013 will be at the conference room on the 4th floor of the Bangkok Hospital Udon.
Please check our website for possible changes and / or information.
The Secretary of the Udon Expat Club,
May 28, 2013
J.J. van Spaandonk.
UDON EXPAT CLUB:
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, then please reply to this email with the word CANCEL in the “Subject Box” above the mail. Thank you.
We will then remove your name from our emailing list within 48 hours, if possible.