UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Meeting number:||MOMM 0020|
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||2014, Sunday, March 30th|
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on club’s the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For admin only)|
1. Tom Dahlquist opened the meeting at about 14:00 hrs.
2. Administrative issues
– 29 members were present
– no quorum–not needed since there was not anything on the agenda that required one
– There were no amendments of the February 23rd, 2014 meeting minutes
3. Four visitors attended the meeting; two American/Thai guests currently based in Bangkok, another retired American used to be a resident in Bangkok, who decided to move to Udon, and another US.American.
4. According to Jake there were no information yet on new sponsors and there were no news about new members.
5. There was no installation of new members
– The coupons for checks at the heart centre of the Bangkok Hospital will expire on 15th April 2014 according to Kurt.
– Dr. Bernard is getting better an will return home after Sonkran
7. The open forum did not yield anything exciting, however, there is a project going on, to produce a film based on the previous seminar on issues in interracial marriages and intercultural interferences. The objective of the film seems to be to help expats prevent making mistakes. It seems to be that Ms. Kittiporn (UDRU) is on board of this project.
8. Then some people of the “Disabled Association of Udonthani” (DAU www.foofudon.org, Tel 08607281474) arrived, and it was decided to hear their presentation before the coffee break.
|Micss Thanchanok Namwong presented the activities of this association. It became clear that this association is a self–help group – the less disabled helping the more disabled with all sorts of issues. It also turned out that a gentleman with the nickname Mama is quite versatile at fixing computers. (during the presentation he handled the PP–presentation, which he did quite well. A part from looking for donations to finance their activities and help, they do handcrafts they sell and the will open a shop at Tesco Lutus at the Nong Bua Lampoon road in a space that will be provided for them at that supermarket. They plan to open shop after Sonkran. In November there will be a party at the DAU centre.|
There are about 20.000 disabled people in Udonthani of who about 1.000 are absolutely helpless.
After the presentation Miss Thanchanok Namwong was given her certificate and flowers and the group left after some pictures had been taken with the club’s banner in the background.
9. The coffee break was quite extended an Jake’s spring rolls were as morish as ever.
10. After the coffee break, the film project group went into some more details on the project, in particular that it was quite an issue to write a plot and the script.
11. Tom Dahlquist closed the meeting at shortly before 16:00 hrs. after he had told us that he and his printer were not getting on well, because the issue of not yet handed over membership cards was had been raised earlier.
Wulf Dieter Krüger
Substituting for Joop van Spaandonk.