UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Meeting number:||MOMM 0034|
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||Sunday, June 28, 2015.|
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Peter Edwards opened the meeting at about 14.00 hour
2. Administrative issues
– 30 members, 0 Sponsor and 1 guest/visitor attended the meeting.
– 11 members notified that they would not be able to attend.
– At present, the Club has 69 members.
– Quorum (to vote) requires >40% members present. Quorum is OK.
– The minutes of the May 31, 2015 member-meeting have been approved. No comments
3. New Members, Visitors and Sponsors
* Mr. Richard (Rick) Reece and Mr. Dirk Baay are welcomed and installed as members.
* One (1) guest, Mrs. Kathy Carmody attended the meeting.
The Club welcomes them all with much pleasure.
4. Announcements by the Board
* The pavilion at the Coffee Station is still under renovation.
* Next meeting of the “Raising Awareness” group will be after Nick’s return. The exact location, date and time will be published later.
* As usual, we will have our traditional Boat trip with dinner party in September. Details will follow in due time.
5. Open Forum
Jacob was handed the microphone and he informed that:
* The Club’s Committees urgently need reinforcements.
Especially the Refreshment Committee is looking for more assistance. In particular for the catering at the monthly Membership-meetings.
Anyone who is interested may contact the Secretary < [email protected] > or Jacob <
[email protected] > directly.
* Club-Members are WELCOME to join the Celebration of the 4th of July 2015 at Romyen 1 & 2
Pavilion. Starts 11 a.m. This is a POT LUCK event. Please bring a covered dish to feed your family.
For details and location we refer to the Attachment.
* Expats who feel somewhat rooted in Thailand and intent to live for some time in the country could
apply for a Yellow House Book at their Amphoe office.
For details we refer to:
The dedicated directions under the MEMBERS ONLY file on our Website
* The Raising Awareness Group is looking for another (Temporary) location.
* The products of the ORGANIC FARMS are for sale, every Friday and Saturday morning, at the street market boots outside the Agriculture Department at Nong Prajak Lake (North-side).
* We will organize a visit to the Organic Farm managed by the wife of our member Mr. Arthur.
* Kurt, confirmed by Al and Patrick, recommends a new place for restaurant and swimming.
For details see;
* After the meeting;
Jean Michel informed he was very satisfied by using Lion Air for his recent trip to Bangkok.
When you book, you will get the promo rate: depends on the availability that day.
Lion Air start as low as 345฿
It cost him 650฿ / person. Just 100฿ more than the bus, but 1 hr 5 min, instead of 8 hrs!
The departure times of Lion Air are:
|Udon to Don Muang||7:25;||11:50;||17:00 and||22:30.|
|Don Muang to Udon||5:55;||9:35;||15:00 and||20:30.|
6. Coffee break
We were invited to enjoy the offered spring rolls, donuts, cool water, coffee & tea with assorted cookies.
7. Guest-Speaker; Mr. Peter Smith; General Manager at AA Insurance Brokers
Peter introduced himself and informed that their company is fully Licensed and Certified.
Being a Broker, They represent about 17 Insurance Companies here in Thailand. Where the prices they charge for a policy are exactly the same as charged by the original company they represent.
At the hand of a slide show, Peter guided us through the world of Insurances.
In particular Insurances of all kinds for Expats were discussed.
Basically there are 3 main groups of insurance companies In Thailand.
Number 1) Those with an OIC qualification.
Number 2) Individual Brokers.
Number 3) Agents only.
Only policies of Number 1) companies that do meet the criteria of AA brokers (Fluent in English,
Contract in English and Good Payment Records) are effected.
Everybody should consider to effect an insurance for the BIG THREE (Vehicle, Property and Medical).
Peter stressed that it is possible to effect an insurance for various conditions and prices.
However; Never forget that you will receive that what you payed for only.
Be realistic and consider thoroughly what you really need.
Many used the opportunity to raise their questions during the Q&A.
Peter resides here in Udon Thani and will be happy to render a personal advise and of course to effect any insurance to your needs and budget.
Peter may be contacted (by e-mail) at:
AA INSURANCE BROKERS CO., LTD.
565 / 62 Moo 10 (Next to Big C – South
Nong Prue, Banglamung,
|Tel:||038 415 795-6|
|Mobile:||081 782 2196|
|Fax:||038 374 251|
Do not hesitate to contact him to make an appointment for a personal consult.
For the slide show we refer to the attached file: AA presentation_Udon 2015.
Peter thanked Peter for his very interesting and entertaining explanation of the various Insurances
and continued the meeting.
8. Committee Announcements
No announcements were made.
The meeting was closed at about 16.15 hrs. And, to our pleasure, many used the opportunity to stay
for another cup of tea/coffee and to continue their chat. Last attendees left around 16.45 hrs.
Next meeting will be on Sunday, July 26, 2015. Please check at www.udonexpatsclub.com for
possible changes and/or further information.
June 30, 2015.
Joop J. van Spaandonk,