UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Location:||Panyavej Inter Hospital
|Date:||2012, Sunday, June 24.
|Subject:||See Agenda (Attachment 01)|
|Participants:||See Member list (Attachment 02)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Opening was done by Tom Dahlquist at 14.10 hours
2. Secretary for today is: Joop van Spaandonk
3. The meeting was attended by 2 visitors, Ed and Antonio. Antonio followed by Ed left the meeting at about half time.
4. The Minutes of the Meeting at May, 27 were distributed at the meeting. Tom explained that The Minutes might not be as could be expected because both Secretaries of that meeting (Herman and Paul) are abroad. After reading the M.O.M. were accepted by all participants.
There was a question about the DVD, donated by Victor. Is it now property of the Club ?? That will be checked.
5. Workgroups / Committee Reports
The Administration-, Marketing- and IT- committees are functioning
The Steering-committee (Tom, Herman and Murray) is under pressure. Tom, the only member present, explained that Mr. Murray resigned and Herman is abroad for some time (Month).
The meeting, without exception, regrets Murray’s resignation because he (At last meeting) did formulate the mutual feeling of the members about the direction and standpoints of the Club in such a bright and understandable matter. The reason of his resignation was asked for. Because he is not present at the meeting he cannot explain himself. It is suggested and agreed to contact him and try to keep him “onboard”.
A general discussion about the Club’s organization took place. In short:
|The old problems surface time after time,
It seems that all members have the same ideas:
– A as simple as possible organization
– A democratic decision process
– No directives from above
It is the challenge to put down the Members thoughts and ideas in writing.
Upon this Mr. Egil Mjolhus asked the word in order to explain what has been undertaken in this aspect.
At first he repeated his and with him the Club’s standpoint that he as the appointed and accepted Controller cannot be involved in any other Committee.
At second he reported that he talked to Ray (The Club’s former vice-president) about the missing money. (+/- Baht 17.000,=) from the former administration. It is not clear how many persons and who are stated at the Bank-account. On Monday, May 25 Egil and Ray will visit the Bank to find out and if possible to withdraw the money. Therefore a Protocol (see Attachment 3) which gives to Mr. Egil Mjolhus Power of Attorney to act for the Club as the elected and appointed Finance Controller has been made. The Protocol has been unanimously accepted by the Members and upon that duly signed by the Reporter (Note taker) and registered cub members Jan Harms and Eckehart Lynen.
At third Mr. Egil expressed the mutual opinion that the old Organization and Constitution are not longer acceptable. For that, in November last year there was formed a committee to come with a proposal. A proposal of the new Organization plan (see Attachment 4) was presented. It shows a Leadership Committee of 3 persons, a Treasurer and a Secretary to be completed by the Leaders of Committees. The proposal, as the Frame only, was except one (1) blank vote unanimously accepted.
|It has been expressed by the Meeting that it is difficult to find the proper title for the various tasks. It shall be such that there will be no Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Chairmen and so on. However a certain hierarchy, backbone or spill is necessary to run a Club. There shall be an elected number of persons (No Ego’s) who will become leaders equal in importance to the Members.|
Mr. Egil continued that up to now there have been many meetings with many hours spent to come to new Club rules, Statutes or whatever they may be called. At this moment the committee does not have the desire to show the preliminary results because there are more changes to be made based on the actual situation. It is the intention to present the proposal at the October 2012 meeting and to ask for comments in the November 2012 meeting.
6. Coffee break with social talks among Members.
7. Today’s speaker Dr. Ratanapunt Incharoensakdi could not come.
8. Mrs. Nuttaya of Muang Life Insurance (Located opposite Toyota garage) explained about accident health insurance. (f.e.: In case you fall from the stairs at home and personal accidents like that). The insurance only is available until 75 years old. It only seems to be financially attractive for people up to 60 years old.
It was stated that it is very important to read the small letters and conditions. In the case of an
accident the insurance will check your medical history thoroughly and if you had the problem before or you forgot to mention any medical problem you might had, the insurance will not pay. This applies too at the use of alcohol (150 Mg), driving a car without the necessary permit or papers and so on.
Own risqué seems to be discussable but is not given in any brochure.
It is possible to contact the company’s website at www.muangthai.co.th Or, even better, to make an appointment with Mrs. Nuttaya ([email protected]) at her office where she has conditions and prices available.
Mr. Murray, by email, reported that AXA now introduced a new health insurance. (See Attachment 6)
9. New excursions to the airport-traffic-control-tower and the Horse-races are in progress. Details will be sent in due time.
10. Open Forum. It is requested to make the M.O.M. and Agenda for next meeting available in advance. It is advised to have a subject prepared in case of a program change.
11. The meeting was closed at 16.10 Hours.
After the meeting Mr. Hans Smedberg and Mr. Bo Melander, (because of the lack of members) offered to take part in the Leadership Committee.