UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Meeting number:||MOMM 0035|
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||Sunday, July 26, 2015.|
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Peter Edwards opened the meeting at about 14.00 hour
Following the opening Richard Dinsdale spoke a few words in memory of Lars Erik Brandt, the founder of Udon Expat Club, who passed away on July 2, 2015. The membership stood for one minute of silence.
Jacob Thomas also recalled some events of those early days with Lars in the Club.
Words are never adequate in moments like these. We will say though, that our hearts go out to you, our Club’s Founder, and we will always remember the joyous memories that we are privileged to have in knowing you.
“Our Heartfelt Condolences to Wife and Family”
2. Administrative issues
– 24 members, 0 Sponsors and 2 guests/visitors attended the meeting.
– 16 members notified that they would not be able to attend.
– At present, the Club has 70 members.
– Quorum (to vote) requires >40% members present. Quorum is OK.
– The minutes of the June 28, 2015 member-meeting have been approved. No comments made.
3. New Members, Visitors and Sponsors
* Mr. and Mrs. Duane & Kathy Carmody and Mr. Arnstein Smith are welcomed and
installed as members.
* Two (2) guests, John Lavin and Hendrik Groenendijk attended the meeting.
The Club welcomes them all with much pleasure.
4. Announcements by the Board
* The pavilion at the Coffee Station is still under renovation. However, a new small function room is available.
* Next meeting of the “Raising Awareness” group will be after Nick’s return. The exact location, date and time will be published later.
* We plan to have our traditional Boat trip with dinner party by the end of September or early October.
Details will follow in due time.
* Be aware that you need to register the SIM-card of your pre-paid cell-phone before the end of July.
* Once more we like to stress the necessity to prepare and have ready your Last Will and any other instructions you may have.
* Kurt briefly explained the Hospital’s “ELDERY SCREENING PACKAGE” that offers a selected examination program for THB 2,800 only (Regular price THB 5,400).
He also would like to repeat and stress that; when we face a “misunderstanding” or any problem on a
visit or consultation at the hospital, we should involve and / or inform him in order to allow him to solve
For the benefit of the many new members that joined this year, Kurt Lunstrum is a member of Udon Thani Expats Club and works for Bangkok Hospital Udon as the International Marketing Executive.
Landline: +66-42-343-111, mobile: +66-85-467-4049
* Paul Georgakis informed that:
– As per July 22, 2015, The Tourist Police no longer renders the service to stamp and sign a LIFE CERTIFICATE or PROOF OF LIFE or ATTENTION DE VIE. However, Immigration is still rendering this service.
– Some Hospitals may also render this service. However, make sure that the institution that requests the certificate is willing to accept this method.
– It is now possible to perform your 90 days on-line. However; not yet trouble-free.
5. Open Forum
Jacob informed that:
* The Club’s Committees urgently need reinforcements.
Especially the Refreshment Committee is looking for more assistance. In particular for the catering at the monthly Membership-meetings.
Anyone who is interested may contact the Secretary < [email protected] > or Jacob <
[email protected] > directly.
* “The BOOKHOUSE”, one of our Sponsors, sent a variety of cakes for us to enjoy during the Coffee
* “Jutta’s German Bread” visited one of our Brunches at the Chef’s Table and offered a selection of
German Breads and Cakes for us to taste.
You may visit www.juttas-bread.com for any details.
* Three (3) Sponsors renewed their Sponsorship this month and Jacob stimulated all members to
bring in more Sponsors. For our convenience the Terms & Conditions for Sponsors were distributed.
* The products of the ORGANIC FARMS are for sale, every Friday and Saturday morning, at the
street market booths outside the Agriculture Department at Nong Prajak Lake (North-side).
* We will organize a visit to the Organic Farm managed by the wife of our member Mr. Arthur.
* What about Windows 10 ?. Now you can only pre-register and wait for the release in August.
6. Coffee break
We were invited to enjoy the offered spring rolls, Patisseries of the BOOKHOUSE, cool water, coffee
& tea with assorted cookies.
Bob Rose introduced himself together with Jim Martin and stated that their company, Broadgate
– Advisory, is fully Licensed and Certified.
With reference to the extensive brochure we received; Bob continued with a brief summary of the companies’ expertise in financial planning and transfer.
He informed that they are an independent Advisory with worldwide operations.
At this presentation they will not render any dedicated advices because that would take too much time. However, they are ready to do that on a private consultation.
He continued to explain in great detail their leaflet that describes the 8 basic points.
The Q&A was well used and even after the meeting a number of members used the opportunity to
discuss some topics.
Peter thanked Bob for his interesting presentation.
8. Committee Announcements
No announcements were made.
The meeting was closed at about 16.00 hrs.
Next meeting will be on Sunday, August 30, 2015. Please check at www.udonexpatsclub.com for
possible changes and/or further information.
July 30, 2015.
Joop J. van Spaandonk,