UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||2014, Sunday, January 26.
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Tom Dahlquist opened the meeting at 14.00 hours and excused Al Reynolds.
2. Administrative issues:
– 28 members plus 2 new members attended the meeting.
– 15 members notified that they would not be able toattend the meeting.
– At present, the Club has 55 members (including the 3 new members) and 3 members are pending renewal.
– Quorum is > 40% of (55–3) =>22 Members. Quorum is OK.
– Two (2) new members who joined the Club to day will not take part in the voting procedures.
– The minutes of the November 24, 2013 member meeting have been approved. No corrections.
3. No visitors attended the meeting.
4. New Members and Sponsors;
* Three new members joined the Club in January; Vincent Guy, Jesper Jesperson and Theo van Kessel (not present). The Club welcomes them with much pleasure.
5. Voting on amended Constitution and By–Laws:
Dr. Bernard was invited to preside over the voting procedures. An approval requires a 2/3 positive vote. Resulting in 2/3 x 28 = 18,6. Therefore a minimum of 19 YES votes are required.
After an introduction and explanation of the procedures the voting took place.
The outcome of the voting, as counted by Wulf and Eddy, shows: 22 YES votes, 2 NO votes and 4 Abstentions.
Dr. Bernard stated that the amended Constitution and By–Laws, are now approved and adopted.
6. Open Forum and Coffee Break
We enjoyed the relaxed and entertaining Coffee Break.
7. Annual Club Report
Tom gave a retrospect account of the activities from 2013 and expressed the expectations of an even better 2014.
The suggestion to visit the upcoming festivities at Ban Chiang on February 7, 2014, was welcomed and will be explored. As soon as more details are known an e–mail invitation will be distributed. On February 13 and 14, 2014 we will have a Seminar at Paradise Hotel, organized by the Udon Thani Center for Skill Development with the topic; “How People Of Different Culture Can Live Together In Harmony”. Please return the Participation Form or just e–mail the secretary that you intend to join as soon as you can, however, before January 30, 2014.
|Note of the Secretary
On January 28, 2014 we were informed that the Seminar will be on Friday February 14, 2014 only. Details will be distributed by a separate mail.
Hans van Geffen, (Interim) Treasurer presented and explained the:
– Cash Flow Statement for 2013
– Balance Sheet 2013
– Projection for 2014
For your convenience and understanding see the attached files.
9. Election and installation of the 2nd Vice Chairman, the Treasurer, the assistant Treasurer and Inspector. Prolongation and confirmation of: the Chairman, 1st Vice Chairman, the Secretary, the Assistant Secretary and the Webmaster. Procedures to be preside over by Dr. Bernard.
In advance of the procedures the Secretary, on request of Dr. Bernard, answered to the questions from the members about the Nomination of the Chairman.
|Mr. Al Reynolds, the Nominated Chairman, withdrew his candidacy shortly before the date of the elections. Due to the limited time period to the election at the annual meeting, it was concluded not to send out a new list with Nominees and to explain the arisen situation at the meeting itself. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
To fill the position of the Chairman that became available, Tom Dahlqvist agreed to continue his present position as Chairman and not to step down as was foreseen.
The reason for his earlier intention to step down is the fact that he has other obligations on Saturdays and Sundays. That makes pretty difficult, however, not impossible to continue.
Dr. Bernard continued with the voting procedures. Peter Edwards, seconded by Richard Dinsdale and Wulf Dieter Krueger forwarded a motion to vote for all positions in one (1) Voting. That suggestion was unanimously accepted by all members.
At the voting itself all positions and persons were unanimously approved and adopted. As follows:
Chairmen; Tom Dahlqvist for one (1) year, Peter Edwards for one (1) year and Eddy Gobart for two (2) years
Treasurer Hans van Geffen two (2) years and Assistant Treasurer Nick Schoots two (2) years
Secretary Joop van Spaandonk one (1) year and Assistant Secretary Wulf Krueger one (1) year
Inspector Dean Bernhardt two (2) years
Webmaster Nick Schoots
10. Discharge of those “Board members” who stepped down during the past year.
Dr. Bernard continued to say a word of thanks to;
|– Hans Smedberg, Treasurer||January 2013 until October 2013|
| – Al Reynolds, Interim Chairman
||October 2013 until February 2014|
| – Egil Mjolhus, Inspector
||January 2013 until February 2014|
The members thanked Dr. Bernard for presiding over the Voting procedures at this annual meeting, his contributions for the Nominating and Membership Committees until September 2013 and his continuing support in the Club’s business.
11. Open Forum and Coffee Break
* The situation of the Health Insurance Card for Foreigners was briefly discussed. In fact, we do not have more information as is posted on the website.
It seems that no new Cards are issued and the existing Cards will not be renewed after the expire date. However, it depends on ones personal situation and year of joining the program as well.
*At the Club’s website under the menu “Members Only” information and guidelines are posted to;
– The Yellow House Book
– The Usufruct
– The Purchase of Goods and Chattels (House, Land etc.).
– Cohabitation (Partner contract)
– Last Will and Testament
– Living Will
– Road map to the hereafter. (Thai translation is ready and posted).
Members who did not received or lost their entrance code may contact the secretary.
12. The meeting was closed by Tom at 15.30 hrs. Last attendees left at 16.15 hrs.
Next meeting, February 23, 2014 will, most likely, be in the conference room on the 4th floor of the Bangkok Hospital Udon.
Please check our website www.udonexpatsclub.com for possible changes and / or further information.
The Secretary of the Udon Expat Club,
January 28, 2014
J.J. van Spaandonk.