UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Meeting number:||MOMM 0007|
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||2013, Sunday, January 27.|
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Tom Dahlqvist openedthe meeting at 14.05 hours.
He (Tom) has, after some years now, been contacted by Lars, the founder of the Club. He (Lars) is well and wishes the Club a successful continuation.
2. Today’s meeting is attended by 20 members.
At present, the Club has 44 members. Quorum (40%) is 17.6 Members.
To catch up, the first batch of new Member cards is made for members who enrolled or renewed their membership in 2012 and did not receive a card yet, (those of that group who attended th is meeting have been issued a card).
The second batch will be for Members who renew or enrol Membershipin January 2013 and further on. Those cards will be available at February’s member meeting and consecutive months.
3. Two visitors, Robert Ross (from USA) and Soren Unosson (from Sweden) attended the meeting. They briefly introduced themselves.
4. Robert Ross and Soren Unosson applied for membership.
5. All Attendees approved the minutes of the meeting on November 25–2012 without any remarks/corrections.
6. Hans van Geffen, who was scheduled to present the Annual Club report, had a motor accident and stays in Hospital. The Secretary briefly informed about his condition and took over his presentation.
He, in short, with reference to the Annual report as distributed among the members before, recollected the Club’s history and main events of 2012 as well as the in tentions for 2013.
7. The Treasurer, Herman Broeckx, resigned earlier this month. The Secretary took over the
presentation of the financial report of 2012 and the financial estimate for 2013.
With reference to the financial report, balance, inventory and estimate as distributed among the
members before, he explained the financial situation of the Club.
Only Saturday 19–2013, the Club received the new Bankbook, Cash book over 2012, part of the receipts over 2012 and accountancy over the years 2008, 2009 and 2010.
The Club shirts, office supplies and the accountancy over the years 2011 and 2012 are expected to be handed over to the Club next week.
All records will be given, for review and processing, to the new, later in this meeting, to be elected Treasurer, Inspector and Assistant Inspector.
The petty cash shall be calculated and cashed after all information has been received by the Club.
The Club writes black figures. For this year, there is no need to change the contribution.
The subscription for Annual members remains Baht 600. For lifetime members Baht 3000.
8. Report of the Inspector / Controller.
The Inspector,Egil, informed that it has not been possible to make a financial report for 2012 because of the lack of proper information.
As soon as all information will be available a full report shall be made and issued.
9. Report of the Standing Committees.
The first trip of this year, two weeks ago to Taleh Bua Daeng, was recorded by TV Channel 5. A DVD of that recording will be sent to him, duplicated and made available for the Club members.
Also at the Coffee Station, our sponsor, TV 5 made a trailer in the presence of a delegation of the Udon Expat Club.
Next outing will probably be to the excavations and pottery at Ban Chiang. Preparations are under way.
Later on in the year, among others, the visit to the airport will be reinvestigated.
The lack of members in the Activity Committee hampers organizing events, trips and so on. We, emphatic, appeal on the membership to participate in the organizing.
Jake informed that he is in close contact with our sponsors for a renewal of their sponsorship. He invites all members to enthusiasm possible enterprises they know, to become a sponsor and let him know for settlement.
10. Coffee break with spring rolls, made by Jake’s wife. A treat, thanks’ so much.
11. Kurt Lunstrum excused John Thavon and introduced Grace, staff member of the International Department of Bangkok Hospital Udon (BHU).
Kurt is a long time Club member and at present employed by the BHU at the International Department.
Grace, who speaks English very well, introduced herself briefly and informed that she and her colleagues are especially employed to assist Foreigners (us) to find their way in the Hospital. She and her colleagues have their office in the main lobby at the International Information Desk.
12. Election and installation of the new AC, LC, MC’s and SC’s by Dr. Bernard.
At the time of the election, two members had left the meeting. The required quorum (17,6) to execute the elections was still present.
The three nominated MC’s: Hans van Geffen, Tom Dahlqvist and Peter Edwards are all elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
The Treasurer, Hans Smedberg, is elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
The Secretary, Joop van Spaandonk, is elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
The Assistant Secretary, Wulf Dieter Krueger, is elected and appointed by a vote of 17 out of 18 YES – one abstention.
The member of the Membership Committee, Dr. Bernard, is elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
The members of the Sponsor Committee, Jake William Thomas, Nick Schoots and Paul Georgakis are elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
The members of the PR & Marketing Committee, Eckehart (Ecki) Lynen and Jake William Thomas are elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
The member of the Refreshment Committee, Paul Georgakis, is elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
The members of the IT/Website Committee, Nick Schoots and Al Reynolds, are elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
The member of the Nominating Committee, Dr. Bernard, is elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
The Inspector/Controller, Egil Mjolhus, is elected and appointed by a vote of 17 out of 18 YES–one abstention.
The Assistant Inspector/Controller, Dean Bernhardt, is elected and appointed by a vote of 18 out of 18 YES.
It has been explicit expressed that the utmost shall be done by all members to fill up the vacant positions.
13. Following the installation of the new AC, LC, MC’s and SC’s Dr. Bernard, with agreement of the membership and a word of gratitude, discharged the members of the old AC, LC, MC’s and SC’s.
14. Open Forumm
Hans informed that:
– The competition of the Udon Thani Football team will start next month. As soon as the schedule is known, the members will be informed about location and datum.
– Those who like to practice Golf are welcome at the driving range on Monday’s, 13.00 PM. From the ring road, at the traffic lights near Global, take the road towards the new University. After about 2 km you will see a cement factory on your right. Opposite that factory on the left, is a small road with a bill board of the Driving range. Take that road and after about 300 meter you will see the driving range at your right.
Joop informed that we have a new server for our website. Those who want to participate in the Forum are requested to register again. Please use a recognizable name, so that the webmaster as well as our members can see who the publisher is.
15. The meeting was closed by Tom at 15.45 hrs. He thanked the Bangkok Hospital Udon for their hospitality, everybody for coming and looks forward to seeing all members and possible visitors at the next meeting.
Next meeting, February 24–2013 will beat the conference room on the 4th floor of the Bangkok Hospital Udon.
Please check our website for possible changes and / or information.
After having some after talks and enjoying the remaining spring rolls, the last person left the
conference room around 16.45 PM
The Secretary of the Udon Expat Club, 2013 January 29
J.J. van Spaandonk.
UDON EXPAT CLUB–http://www.udonexpatsclub.com/
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, then please reply to this email with the word CANCEL in the “Subject Box” above the mail. Thank you .
We will then remove your name from our emailing list within 48 hours if possible.