UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF ANNUAL MEMBER MEETING
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||Sunday, February 28, 2016.
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Peter Edwards (Chairman) opened the meeting at about 14.10 hours.
Peter first gave the word to Al Reynolds who spoke a few words “In Memorial” of our member
Robert (Bob) Ross who recently past away during his stay in the USA.
Peter continued with;
2. Administrative issues
– 31 members, 0 Sponsor and 5 guests attended the meeting.
– 9 members notified that they would not be able to attend.
– At present, the Club has 63 members, 1 Honorary member and 6 Associate members,
– Quorum requires >40% members present. Quorum is OK.
3. The minutes of the January 31, 2016 annual member meeting (MOM 0040) have been approved. No comments.
4, 5, 6. New Members, Visitors and Sponsors
* Mr. Trond Y Nilsen, in his absence, was installed as a new member.
* Five (5) visitors attended the meeting;
Mr. Marco Fioretti, Mr. Alan Yates, Mr. Daniel Age, Mr Kim Leth and Mr. M. J. (Rene) Noteboom.
* No Sponsors attended the meeting.
* Secretary, on behalf of Nick Schoots, informed that Nick, with great sadness, dissolved the “Raising Awareness Group”. Nick expressed that he found it a pleasure to exchange ideas with the members of the group !
* Secretary informed that we are invited to visit the Jazz Concert on March 19, 2016 at UD town. Members who would like to make a reservation can mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating the number of seats they would like to have.
* Kurt Lunstrum, our longtime member, who went early February to Bangkok Hospital Udon for a routine check–up, suffered a colon rupture and has been hospitalized since.
Kurt is, considering the circumstances, feeling pretty well and was attending the meeting to tell us in short about his condition, the complications and his prospects. Above all he liked to share with us his appreciation of the excellent treatment and care he experiences at the hospital.
We wish him a soon recovery and much progress in the next coming decisive days.
* Paul Mueller informed about the progress of the Committee of “Culture” (Events, TV, Radio etc); Based on the discussions at the previous meetings with the (former) Governor and his staff; Paul and his fellow Committee members started to publish a Cultural Agenda about events in Udon.
The cultural agenda (for the coming weeks) f.e. will show the following events
|2016-03-01 – Kampoon||Wat Sikhun Mueang|
|2016-03-01 – Yew Konkienpleng||Phet Siam Restaurant|
|2016-03-10 – Morlam Concert||Wat Samuny, Ban Paptop, Amphoe Nong Han|
|2016-03-19 – Biggles Big Band||Thailand Tour 2016|
|2016-03-19 – Biggles Big Band||UD Town|
|2016-03-19 – Mhai Muang||Tawan Daeng Beer-house|
The original cultural agenda shows more detailed info about; locations, times etc.
In case you are interested to join the mailing list of the cultural agenda for future events we recommend to send your e-mail address to: [email protected]om
See attachment of the distribution mail of the M.O.M. for terms of usage.
* From last meeting (1):
Because there was not shown any interest in a Club–tour to the Taleh Bua Daeng
(Red flower sea) or the Phu Foi Lom and in having a future member meeting at the Changthai Comfort Guesthouse Resort;
the Club will not organize such events.
|* From last meeting (2):|
Because of the many accidents and medical situations that could happen to all of us; It is considered very important to choose a Hospital, have yourself registered and establish a good and reliable relation with your doctor in order to have a fast and adequate treatment in case of a hospitalization.
At Bangkok Hospital Udon; Udon Thani Expats Club members & their immediate family get a 10% discount on medicine, medical supplies & room rates.
8. Coffee Break
At the Coffee Break we enjoyed the traditional coffee & tea with assorted cookies, water and, not to forget, the animated discussions.
9. Speaker; Mr. Terry Clayton
The subject of today’s informative talk is:
“A Good Night’s Sleep”.
Because the sound-system did not function properly Terry had to switch from the TED video to a power-point presentation and spoken word.
Terry opened with:
A few things you probably didn’t know about sleep
and then talked briefly about:
Why we sleep.
What is sleep?
Why a good night’s sleep is harder to get as we age.
Some common sleep disorders and mainstream treatments.
How to get a good night’s sleep.
For the original TED video see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdgYhpqqSP4
For the power point presentation see the attachment to the distribution e-mail of this M.O.M.
10. Open Forum
The meeting was closed by Peter Edwards at about 15.45 hrs.
Next meeting will be on Sunday, March 27, 2016. Please check at www.udonexpatsclub.com for possible changes and/or further information.
March 01, 2016.
Joop J. van Spaandonk