UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Meeting number:||MOMM 0019|
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||2014, Sunday, February 23.|
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Tom Dahlquist opened the meeting at about 14.00 hours.
2. Administrative issues:
– 24 members plus 1 new member, Mr. John Sparks, attended the meeting.
– 9 members notified that they would not be able to attend the meeting.
– At present, the Club has 56 members (including the new member) and 2 members are pending renewal.
– Quorum is >40% of (56–2) =>22 Members. Quorum is OK.
– The minutes of the January 26, 2014 member meeting have been approved. No corrections.
3. Two (2) visitors; Arthur and Joshua, both from the USA, attended the meeting.
4. New Members and Sponsors;
* One (1) new member joined the Club in February; Mr. John Sparks from the UK. The Club welcomes him with much pleasure.
* The Club’s Wednesday’s Brunch meeting will, from now–on, be at the Chef’s Table ; starting 10 am. The restaurant is located on Prajak Road opposite Nutty Park.
* In addition we have 2 more informal breakfast meetings.
– Every Friday morning starting at 10 am. at the Blue Orchid restaurant on Soi Samphan Thamit
– Every Monday morning at various locations. Monday the 24/2
– 2014 starting at 10 am. that will be the Irish Clock on Soi Samphan Thamit.
– Please check our Website for possible last minute changes.
* After an informal inquiry; it is agreed that we will organize a Club’s visit to the new Thai/Chinese Cultural Center here in Udon Thani. And for those who like to join the International lunch–buffet at Charoen hotel. Details will be communicated by e–mail.
* Briefly the Seminar 003 Organized and sponsored by the “Udon Thani Center for Skill Development” has been explained. A full Report will be composed and distributed at a later stage.
* Dr. Bernard, late Tuesday, had a little accident, with possibly lasting consequences, at home. He fell and broke his left leg just below the hip–joint. A metal supporting pin has been installed. All went well and is going well. However; it is expected that he has to stay hospitalized (AEK Udon room 622) for a couple of weeks.
6. Open Forum
* Nick informed that his flight from Udon Thani to BKK Suvarnabhumi and back with Bangkok Airways was pretty good; money–wise as well as the service.
7. Coffee Break
We enjoyed the relaxed and entertaining Coffee Break
8. Guest Speaker
Jake welcomed and introduced the Guest Speaker for today Mrs. Achaphan Buncharoen Director of the “Tourism Authority of Thailand ” (TAT) Udon Thani Office.
Mrs. Achaphan continued to present, and explained in more detail, a very nice introduction video about a number of Tourist Attractions and Trips in and around Udon Thani (See Attachment).
With the future ASEAN in mind, the Tourism Authority is looking for more extensive programs for Tourists in this region and beyond.
The Tourist Office is located along Nong Prajak Park and is open for public, 7 days / week. And we are welcome to pay a visit and get info about the Touristic possibilities and attractions all over Thailand. In addition, we all received a map with information about the major attractions in Udon.
After a relaxed Q&A, Jake, in name of us all, thanked Mrs. Achaphan for her very pleasant and informative presentation, in very good English, and offered her a nice bunch of flowers and the Club’s “Certificate of Appreciation”.
* Upon our inquiry/invitation; Paul Georgakis volunteered and is appointed to be a member of the “Member Committee”.
10. Open Forum and Coffee Break
Jake explained and distributed the leaflet “Increased Risk of Fall Accident Begins at Age 40”.
11. The meeting was closed by Tom at about 16.00 hrs. Last attendees left at about 16.45 hrs.
Next meeting, March 30, 2014 will, most likely, be in the conference room on the 4th floor of the Bangkok Hospital Udon.
Please check our website www.udonexpatsclub.com for possible changes and / or further information.
The Secretary of the Udon Expat Club,
February 24, 2014
J.J. van Spaandonk.