UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
||MOMM 0008 (rev 01)
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||2013, Sunday, February 24.
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Tom Dahlqvist opened the meeting at 14.05 hours.
2. Administrative issues 22 members attend today’s meeting.
At present, the Club has 44 members and 4 pending renewal. Quorum (40%) is 17.6 Members.
New Annual member cards shall be made for Dr. Bernard, Wulf, Bob, Nathan and??
New Lifetime member cards shall be made for Ken, Joop and??
All Attendees approved the minutes of the meeting on January 27, 2013 without any remarks/corrections.
3. One visitor, Mr Kyriakos Mousiadis (from Sweden/ Greece) attended the meeting. He briefly introduced himself.
4. Robert J. Ross’ andNathan Grady’s applications for membership has been approved. The Club welcomes them both with much pleasure.
5. Report of the Inspector / Controller over 2012.
The Inspector, Egil, informed that no additional information was received. The financial report for 2012 is still pending.
6. The Treasurer (Hans Smedberg) informed that the old Petty Cash (> Baht 10,000. =) is still in the possession of the former Treasurer (Herman Broeckx). An email (stating the Club’s findings) has been sent to him on 14–02–2013 requesting an answer before 21–02–2013. On 20–02–2013,a suggestion for an appointment was received from Mr Broeckx. After several attempts, an appointment was scheduled for Saturday 23–02–2013 on 2 PM However, the appointment has been postponed, to next week,by Mr Broeckx by SMS, without making a new appointment.
The Club’s present financial situation is sound. Today, with somemovements pending, as they havenot yet been checked, the Club’s Bankbook shows a credit balance of Baht 13,773.00. The Petty Cash shows Baht 4,625.00
The Treasurer informed that, due to the improved finances, it is now possible to compensate the Activity–Organizers for their (approved in advance) costs. At that, Mr Ken Falk seconded by Mr Richard Dinsdale made a motion togive the LC the authorization, to compensate for (approved in advance) costs made on behalf of the Club. None of the 22 attendees had any objection. The motion was approved.
Following this decision Mr Eckehart Lynen, who made costs to organize the trip to Ban Chiang and previous locations and was offered compensation, generously donated that costs to the Club. The membership thanked him very much for his generosity.
7. Open forum
Tom and Pook informed us that they would get married on Sunday March 10, 2013. We are all invited. The marriage will take place at the Udon Christian School on Udon Dutsadi Road (near the intersection with Soi 6) and starts at 10 AM.
A dry cleaner can be found in Thokanison Road (the street from the Prince Prajak Monument roundabout to the Charoen Hotel/Central Plaza).
In the future there might be a “One Stop Centre for Expats” where foreigners may arrange all official paperwork. As soon as more detailed info is available we will inform. You may also look at udonmap.com and udontalk.com.
Efforts (outside Udon Expat Club) are underway to form a music–band and a football–team with
“Fallangs”. We will keep you informed, when we are.
March 3, 2013 the Udon Football Team will, at 18.00 PM, play the first home–match of this season. They play at the Royal Education College and Stadium near the crossing of the Ring Road and Prach a Ruksa Road. Those who like to go together are invited to meet between 15 and 16 PM at the swimming pool at the new Ruy–Suk Hotel on the Ring Road (close to Global House).
ARPAPATCHARA SCHOOL has English and Mandarin study programs for both, Kindergarten and Primary school.
E–mail: [email protected]
Tel: 042 241 428, 042 328 589 and 042 212 127
Mobile: 08 1545 4186, 08 1964 0346, 08 1008 4091.
8. Coffee break with spring rolls, made by Jake’s wife. She really tries to spoil us.
9. Today’s guest speaker, Ms Preeyawan Jarupornsombat (Anna), agent for “THAI SAMSUNG LIFE INSURANCE” and “LMG Insurance Company limited” offered a presentation about health insurance for both Companies.
It shall be noted that at LMG it (after a health check) is possible to enter insurance at any age even above 80 or older.
It is not possible to have a fixed price for people over 65. As an indication only, someone of 75 with good health may have a premium of about Baht 50,000.00 per year.
Apart from above companies she can also assist in getting insurances of any kind at any company.
Because each person differs in age, requests, condition etc. it is recommended to ask for a personalized quotation.
Those who are interested may contact her by mobile 08 6777 8589 or at [email protected]
10. Report of the Standing Committees.
– The February’s visit to the excavations and pottery at Ban Chiang was very nice and
successful. For details please see the report and photo-story on our website.
– Later on in the year, among others, the visit to the airport and a visit to the Zoo and King Cobra village (halfway Khon Kaen) will be investigated.
The lack of members in the Activity Committee hampers organizing events, trips and so on. We, emphatic, appeal on the membership to participate in the organizing. Volunteers are welcome.
Jake informed that he is in close contact with our sponsors for a renewal of their sponsorship. In addition, we now have a new sponsor: Yang Boonkit Import & Export, an enterprise in car tires, car care and accessories. For details please visit our website.
11. Open Forum
12. The meeting was closed by Tom at 15.50 hrs. He thankedthe Bangkok Hospital Udon for their hospitality, emeeting.
Next meeting, March 31–2013 will be at the conference room on 4th floor of the Bangkok Hospital Udon.
The Secretary of the Udon Expat Club,
February 25, 2013
J.J. van Spaandonk.
UDON EXPAT CLUB: http://www.udonexpatsclub.com/
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, then please reply to this email with the CANCEL in the “Subject Box” above the mail. Thank you.
We will then remove your name from our emailing list within 48 hours if possible.