UDON THANI EXPATS CLUB
MINUTES OF MEMBER MEETING
|Location:||Bangkok Hospital Udon|
|Date:||2013, Sunday, April 28.
|Subject:||See Agenda (Distributed by e-mail and shown on the website)|
|Participants:||See attendance list (For Administration only)|
|Secretary:||J.J. van Spaandonk|
1. Tom Dahlqvist opened the meeting at 14.00 hours.
2. Administrative issues:
- 22 members attended the meeting.
- 9 members notified that they would not be able to attend the meeting.
- At present, the Club has 46 members of which two are pending renewal. Quorum (40%) is 18.4 Members.
- All Attendees approved the minutes of the meeting on March 31, 2013 without any
3. One visitor attended the meeting–John Hilleard from England. John applied for membership.
4. Report of the Inspector / Controller as to 2012.
The Assistant Inspector, Dean Bernhardt, reported that no additional information had been received from our past year’s Treasurer. The financial report for 2012 is still pending.
5. Expulsion of Mr Herman Broeckx.
Following the announce ment at the March member meeting, the procedure to expel Mr Herman Broeckx (past year’s Treasurer) from the Udon Expat Club was started and has now been concluded.
Mr Broeckx did not use his right to be heard. Not at the dedicated AC/LC meeting on April 25, 2013 and not at today’s member meeting. Mr Wulf–Dieter Krueger was asked to conduct the expulsion procedure.
Wulf, referring to the charges (distributed to the members and Mr Herman Broeckx by e–mail on April 15, 2013), summarized the main facts that lead to the present situation. A motion was proposed to expel Mr Herman Broeckx from the Club. The motion was seconded, accepted and put to vote.
Upon that, the members were invited to bring out their Vote (Yes or No) in order to expel Mr Herman Broeckx from the Udon Expat Club. Resulting in 20 YES votes, 1 NO vote and one abstention.
Mr Herman Broeckx has now (April 28, 2013) officially been expelled from the Udon Expat Club.
|Note by the Secretary:|
|Mr Broeckx will be informed by e–mail. With the same e–mail, he will be “officially” requested to return his (Lifetime) member card(s) and reminded to return the Club’s belongings.|
At present, the Club’s Bankbook shows a credit balance of Baht 13,773.00. The Petty Cash shows Baht 5,229.00
He informed that the Club still has some 30 Club–shirts for SALE, 200 Baht apiece only.
In the mean time, three shirts have been distributed, for promotion, among our Sponsors.
7. Open forum
*Jacob invites to use this forum to share our experiences and info worth knowing.
*Wednesday April 17, Al Reynolds was attacked by two pit–bull dogs while bicycling
near his home, fractured his hip and was taken to Bangkok Hospital. After surgery and revalidation, he came home already Sunday 21. He feels fine and can move around but has still to recover at home.
*It seems that the football schedule is not up to date. We will check and correct the website. We are all invited to visit the games. (Do not forget to wear your club–shirt).
*We will promote the existence of our Golf club, more visible, on the website, complete with roadmap andschedule.
*We are invited to send in articles for a new, to be launched, monthly Magazine in Udon. It will be bi–lingual (Thai and English). It will be distributed in public places. We like to use this opportunity to promote our Club. When you have suggestions and or articles, please inform the Secretary.
* Outside IMMIGRATION is a new road–sign, inviting people to inform Immigration about Illegal
workers (Tel; 1178 or 042 249982–3–4). This and indications, by member’s observations, that there have possibly be enchanges in VISA procedures strengthen us to invite a representative of Immigration to be our next guest speaker.
*Because the discussion to register the Club surfaced again, we asked our lawyer for advice.
We from our side tried to find out if an Umbrella organization for all Expat Clubs in Thailand exists. Such an organization has not been found and seems not to exist.
Overall conclusion: DO NOT REGISTER.
*The opening of the hospital’s new, very complete, equipped, Heart Centre will be on May 23, 2013.
*For (renewing) your drivers–license or car–registration you may visit the Transportations Branch office downstairs and outside AEK Udon Hospital. This office will be re–opened at May 1, 2013.
8. Lively coffee break, well organized by Paul Georgakis, with home made spring rolls by Jake’s wife.
9. Tom introduced the guest speaker of Bangkok Hospital Udon, Dr. Sumate, assisted by Mr Kurt Lunstrum
Dr Sumate discussed, with the help of video and text presentation, the Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (mild) and Prostate cancer (could be aggressive).
It appears that approx. 20% of Caucasian men, over 50 years of age, develop some form of prostate cancer.
Fortunately, most of the time if detected in an early stage it is curable.
A PSA test may show that you are in the danger zone (Values between 0–4 ngsl are normal). However, only a Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) proves the condition of your prostate.
In case the DRE shows an enlarged prostate, more tests and medical treatment may follow. If neglected and not taken care of, untimely death may likely be the result.
- Consumption of (red) fruit and vegetables is advised;
- Consumption of protein should be minimized;
- Normal sexual life remains possible;
- Incontinence may be temporary;
- Use of Viagra is still possible;
- Avoid drinking big quantity of water in one time, spread it over the day.
For personal and professional advice, consult Dr Sumate or your own doctor; do not experiment on your own.
10. Report of the Standing Committees.
- The visit to the airport will most likely be in June (The airport agreed, details will follow)
- A visit to the mini Zoo half way Khon Kaen is postponed because the Zoo is under renovation.
- A visit to the Aquarium in Nong Kaiin combination with the radio station in Bandung did not attract enough participants yet and has been put on HOLD.
The lack of members in the Activity Committee hampers organizing events, trips and so on. We appeal on the membership to participate in the organizing. Volunteers are welcome.
11. The meeting was closed by Tom at 16.00 hrs. He thankedthe Bangkok Hospital Udon for their hospitality and the presentation by Dr Sumate, everybody for coming and looks forward to seeing all members and possible visitors at the next meeting.
Next meeting, May 26, 2013 will be at the conference room on the 4thfloor of the Bangkok Hospital Udon.
Please check our website for possible changes and / or information.
The Secretary of the Udon Expat Club,
May 01, 2013
J.J. van Spaandonk.
UDON EXPAT CLUB
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, then please reply to this email with the word CANCEL in the “Subject Box” above the mail. Thank you.
We will then remove your name from our emailing list within 48 hours, if possible.