|APRIL 2013||DR. SUMATE|
|BENIGN PROSTATE HYPERPLASIA AND PROSTATE CANCER|
Tom introduced the guest speaker of Bangkok Hospital Udon, Dr. Sumate, assisted by Mr Kurt Lunstrum
Dr Sumate discussed, with the help of video and text presentation, the Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (mild) and Prostate cancer (could be aggressive).
It appears that approx. 20% of Caucasian men, over 50 years of age, develop some form of prostate cancer.
Fortunately, most of the time if detected in an early stage it is curable.
A PSA test may show that you are in the danger zone (Values between 0–4 ngsl are normal).
However, only a Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) proves the condition of your prostate.
In case the DRE shows an enlarged prostate, more tests and medical treatment may follow.
If neglected and not taken care of, untimely death may likely be the result.
– Consumption of (red) fruit and vegetables is advised;
– Consumption of protein should be minimized;
– Normal sexual life remains possible;
– Incontinence may be temporary;
– Use of Viagra is still possible;
– Avoid drinking big quantity of water in one time, spread it over the day;
– For personal and professional advice, consult Dr Sumate or your own doctor; do not experiment on your own.